Wednesday, October 24, 2007

back to the "dark room" with the window now open

Constructive Criticism? I don't think so... but I guess I could take it as one. It caught me off
guard, hearing the words said out loud. "Lalo na ito, talagang wala." or something that goes like that, referring to my non-existent talent. Do you really have to rub it in? It already hurts as it is. It again got me back to the "dark room."

That place where I once was, where all the insecurities and negative energy were locked up.
I'll admit it, it got me nowhere...  And just when I'm already better off, here it is
again presenting itself to haunt me.

It is quite frustrating to answer questions and fill out application forms asking you what your talents are or asking you to indicate your skills. Unlike many people who can confidently say that they
 can sing, dance, paint or whatever. I don't actually belong to any of those. I still am seeking... I believe that God has 
something in store for me. Maybe I'm just too blinded to actually see it or may I'm just trying too hard to 
search for it. 

I'm sure many of us are still in the searching zone. Keep that spark in 
you alive. Just as long as you are doing your best in whatever you're in, 
I guess that in itself is talent enough. We should actually be more thankful, 
we're unique! (or is that just another excuse, just joking)

Thanks to that not so pleasant encounter, it reminds me to strive even 
harder. Not so that I could please them,but so that I could make something 
worthwhile out of my life and give it back as gift to God.:)
   

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:38 PM

    as for me, madalas din dumapo sa akin yang dat same feeling..lalo na wen u are surrounded by people who are so talented, na mnsan eh halos super sisiw lng sa knila un ginagawa nila..wen in my case eh striving so hard to achieve what they could do. but we nid 2fight that insecurities, n look at ourself and those things that we could do, and sometimes, just not knowing that we excel at it.i'm pretty xur dat u'l find at least one, my frnd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in case you drop by again..whomever you may be, thanks for your comment.:)

    ReplyDelete