Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Jesus is that you?

I saw Him in the little child's face... Suddenly, I felt this feeling inside that something was definitely amidst.
Everyday I encounter little children or elderly persons, all dirty and somehow lost. They come near you and ask for even just a small amount money for them to have something to eat. Each and every time, they never fail to affect me.

To tell you the truth, I often feel uneasy when this happens. I am just not certain on what is the right thing to do, on what action to take. What are the limits? What are the necessary actions? As a child of God, up to what extent should I be willing to offer?

I am actually also guilty at times when I give but not at all willingly, when I think twice before actually putting those few tinkling coins in their hands, when I don't take the opportunity to extend help and give love, when I doubt them, when I avoid them, when I help but somehow expect something in return... Mixed emotions in a single encounter.

One thing is for sure, I saw God in the little child's face. I saw Jesus' reflection in those angelic eyes.
Maybe, I'll still feel the same awkwardness, maybe I'll still react the same way but I know that little by little I am changed; little by little I struggle to be more loving.

At the end of the day, we are all brothers and sisters. We all come from the same Creator, we have all been saved and loved. That I would say is reason enough for us to do something in our own way.

Nothing will happen if we don't do anything. They are indeed God's blessings for they give us the opportunity to be better persons. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment