Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm gonna learn how to fly

Wanting something badly is not enough. One has to work for it, and work for it hard.

I've always been a pretty complacent person. I work hard but not for anything specifically. Mainly because most of the time I don't know what I want and when I do, I get too scared of failure that I don't try hard enough.

Right now, I know several things I want. However, these things are not those I can reach with an outstretched hand right away. It will take more from me. I will need the commitment and determination to finally make that decision to pursue dreams I long to come true one day. Mind you, they're nothing big but they are dreams just the same. I just came to realize that nothing I want will happen if I get contented in being a mere spectator of my own life.

I need to start saying yes to what life has to offer. I need to start saying yes to God's will.

I'm gonna learn how to fly and fly I will you'll see.

*Inspired by the earlier Lenten meditation we had (Stations of the Cross) and the backcover summary of Victoria Beckham's autobiography where she cited the lyrics to the song "Fame" (I'm gonna live forever, I'm gonna learn how to fly) as her inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment