Sunday, October 30, 2011

The "Fear" Factor

The only thing to fear is fear itself.

At this point in my life, several things hold me back or rather that is what I tell myself. It's easy to blame or to use other things/people as an excuse for your inaction. It is a very common defense mechanism; one which I have long overused.

Plans are useless if not put to action. Plans are but hopeless dreams if not put to life. Plans are just that, 'plans' - 'drawings/sketches', a representation of something you wish to achieve if you let fear rule you over.

Fear has lorded over me for the longest time. Just because I let it. Just because I never tried to take that first step. Always having the fear of the inevitable at the back of my mind.

Looking back, those fears, they didn't happen. Why? Because I never took the chance to know. It might have worked out for the better, it also might have turned for the worse. I'll never know.

'Fears' and 'Plans,' they are both possibilities. Yes, there is mighty chance that it can happen both ways. Why not choose the better of the two? Why not choose what your heart's desire is? Why not choose something that will make you happy? Why not choose something that you know will be good for you in the end?

So, now, tell me, what's stopping you?


No comments:

Post a Comment